Let’s learn more about the Flome…
The Flourish Home (aka the ‘Flome’) is a place for Boone County high school students in need of housing—a place that supports their life circumstances and educational goals.
Flourish provides a safe and healthy home environment, supportive relationships, and development opportunities. Program participants are also eligible to receive mentoring, emergency needs and basic needs assistance, and help with saving for college and career.
Since opening its doors on October 22, 2020, Flourish Home has housed 15 youth for a total of 839 bednights. The majority of Flome residents come from households with incomes below the poverty line. During their stay, Flome residents improve their school attendance and increase their GPAs. Residents are more likely to graduate and maintain employment. Staff provide transition planning to ensure youth exit the Flome into safe and stable housing with enhanced life skills and aftercare is provided.
We are starting in Columbia, Missouri but as Flourish grows, the intent is to share the program with other foundations and communities to replicate.
Flome Youth Specialists provide direct case management services, including–
- Educational Support:
- School-based meetings/case management
- Scholarship/higher education application assistance
- Employment Support:
- Transportation to and from work, school, and care appointments
- Career exploration, development, and coaching
- Life Skills Development:
- Positive relationships, conflict management, healthy cooking/nutrition, time management
- Service coordination:
- Linkage to healthcare and community partner agencies
- Transition planning